I really like this….there are many “emotional” leaders out there. When we are in a position of leadership we need to leave or emotions or emotional baggage at home.
Should a leader use mostly intelligence or should the emotions be primary in dealing with people, decision making…?
Some of the definitions of intelligence say:
- Merriam-Webster: the ability to learn or understand things or to deal with new or difficult situations; the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations.
- Dictionary.com: capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.
- The free dictionary: The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge; capacity for learning, reasoning, and understanding; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.
And emotions are defined as:
- Merriam-Webster: a conscious mental reaction (as anger or fear) subjectively experienced as strong feeling usually directed toward a specific object and typically accompanied by physiological and behavioral changes in the body.
- Dictionary.com: any strong agitation of the feelings actuated by experiencing love…
View original post 364 more words